Research Areas: Nuclear Proliferation, Nuclear Weapon History, US-Israel Relations
- Or Rabinowitz, (2020), ‘Arrow’ mythology revisited: the curious case of the Reagan administration, Israel and SDI cooperation, accepted for publication on 26 January 2021, The International History Review.
- Giordana Pulcini, Or Rabinowitz; An Ounce of Prevention—A Pound of Cure? The Reagan Administration’s Nonproliferation Policy and the Osirak Raid. Journal of Cold War Studies 2021; doi: https://doi.org/10.1162/jcws_a_01007
- Or Rabinowitz, (2019) The dilemma of a ‘trigger happy’ protégé – Israel, France and President Carter’s Iraq policy, Journal of Strategic Studies, Published online: 11 July 2019.
- Or Rabinowitz, (2019) ‘When Pigs Fly’: Britain, Canada and Nuclear Exports to Israel, 1958-1974, Diplomacy & Statecraft, 30:4, 707-728.
List of publications
- Or Rabinowitz, ‘Signed, sealed but never delivered: Why Israel did not receive Nixon’s promised nuclear power plants’, The International History Review, (2018), Vol 40, issue 5, pp. 1014-1033, published on-line on 23 February 2018
- Rabinowitz O, Sarkar J. ‘It isn’t over until the fuel cell sings’: A reassessment of the US and French pledges of nuclear assistance in the 1970s. Journal of Strategic Studies [Internet]. 2017;40 (5) :1-26.
- Or Rabinowitz and Nicholas L. Miller, Keeping the Bombs in the Basement: U.S. Nonproliferation Policy toward Israel, South Africa, and Pakistan, International Security, Summer 2015, Vol. 40, No. 1, Pages 47-86
- (James Cameron and Or Rabinowitz, Eight Lost Years? Nixon, Ford, Kissinger and the Non-Proliferation Regime, Journal of Strategic Studies (Published on-line, 5 January 2016
- Or Rabinowitz, Bargaining on Nuclear Tests: Washington and its Cold War Deals, Oxford: UK, Oxford University Press, 2014
OTHER PUBLICATIONS and OP-EDS
- אור רבינוביץ', מדוע אין בישראל תחנות כוח גרעיניות? הסדנה להיסטוריה חברתית, 'הארץ', 4 אוגוסט 2016, http://www.haaretz.co.il/blogs/sadna/1.3029128
- Or Rabinowitz, Nuclear energy and desalination in Israel, the Bulletin of the atomic scientists, 2 January 2016 http://thebulletin.org/2016/january/nuclear-energy-and-desalination-israel9077
- Nick Miller and Or Rabinowitz, Why the Iran deal is a logical extension of U.S. nonproliferation policy, 21 April 2015, the Monkey Cage blog, the Washington Post
- Or Rabinowitz, Advance Warning: Reagan and South Africa's Nuclear Testing Promise, 29 October 2014, Wilson Center publication
- Or Rabinowitz, “To the people of Israel, this could, one day, become a mortal danger", 12 June 2014, Wilson Center publication https://www.wilsoncenter.org/publication/to-the-people-israel-could-one-day-become-mortal-danger
- Or Rabinowitz and Norman Dombey, Testing Times, The World Today, Chatham House publication, February-March 2011, Vol. 67, No. 2: 27-29