Tenure Track Position(s)
Department of International Relations
The Hebrew University of Jerusalem
The Department of International Relations at The Hebrew University of Jerusalem seeks to fill one or more tenure-track positions beginning fall 2022.
We seek excellent candidates that can complement the strengths of our department in all areas and sub-fields of International Relations. Candidates should be able to demonstrate strong command of international relations theory, broadly construed, conduct research and teach undergraduate and graduate level classes as well as mentor students.
Junior and senior scholars are encouraged to apply. Advanced doctoral candidates are expected to have their dissertation approved no later than 1 October 2022.
The language of teaching at The Hebrew University of Jerusalem is Hebrew, though some courses are taught in English. New faculty members are expected to be able to teach in Hebrew within a few years following their arrival.
The deadline for applications is 14 September 2021. Candidates selected by the Department of International Relations will have to compete with candidates from other departments in the Faculty of Social Sciences.
Please submit all application materials electronically here.
The applicants will be asked to upload:
• A letter of intent stating willingness to begin teaching at The Hebrew University of Jerusalem in the fall of 2022;
• A list of required and elective courses that can be taught at The Hebrew University of Jerusalem;
• A scientific biography outlining research orientation and plans for the coming years;
• A Curriculum Vitae, including teaching experience;
• Copies of up to 3 recent publications (or conference papers);
Three letters of recommendations - sent directly according to the guidelines.
Questions about the search can be addressed to Or (Ori) Rabinowitz at: