Research Areas: The History of Israel’s Foreign Policy, Great Power Status in the International System
Scientific Publications- Gadi Heimann:
Books and Edited Volumes:
1. Gadi Heimann, Franco-Israeli Relations, 1958-1967, (London: Routledge) (forthcoming 2017).
2. Gadi Heimann, The End of a Beautiful Friendship? France-Israel Relations under De Gaulle's Presidency (Jerusalem: Magness, 2016) (in Hebrew).
3. Gadi Heimann (ed.), New Perspectives on the History of International Relations (Jerusalem: Leonard Davis Institute, 2013) (in Hebrew).
4. Gadi Heimann, "Divide and Rule: isral Tactics Regarding the Jerusalem Question, 1949-1950" Cold War History
5. Gadi Heimann, "The EEC Commission and the Negotiation for a Trade Agreement with Israel", Journal of European Integration, (forthcoming 2017). (
6. Guy Harpaz & Gadi Heimann, "Sixty Years of EU-Israeli Trade Relations: The Expectations-Delivery Gap", Journal of World Trade (Forthcoming June 2016) (J
7. Gadi Heimann, "A Case of Diplomatic Symbiosis: France, Israel and the French Colonies in Africa, 1958-1962", Journal of Contemporary History, Vol. 51, No. 1, (2016), pp. 145-164.
8. Gadi Heimann, "The Struggle between the United States and Israel over Recognition of Jerusalem as Israel's Capital, 1952-1967", International History Review, Vol. 37, No. 4, (2015), pp. 790-808.
9. Gadi Heimann, "The Need to be a Part of Europe: Israel's Struggle for an Association Agreement with the EEC, 1957-1961", Israel Studies, Vol. 20, No. 1, (Spring 2015), pp. 86-109.
10. Gadi Heimann, "What Does it Take to be a Great Power: The Story of France Joining the Big Five", Review of International Studies, Vol. 41, No. 1, (January 2015), pp. 185-206.
11. Gadi Heimann, "From 'Irresponsible' to 'Immoral': De Gaulle's perceptions of Israel and the Jews", Journal of Contemporary History, Vol. 46, No. 4 (2011), pp. 897-919.
12. Gadi Heimann, "From Friendship to Patronage: France-Israel relations, 1958-1967", Diplomacy & Statecraft, Vol. 21, No. 2 (Summer 2010), pp. 240-258.
13. Gadi Heimann, "In search of a Route to World Power: General De Gaulle's the Soviet Unionand Israel in the Middle East Crisis of 1967”, International History Review, Vol. 32, No. 1 (March 2010), pp. 69-88.
14. Gadi Heimann, "Diverging Goals: The French and Israeli Pursuit of the Bomb," Israel Studies, Vol. 15, No. 2 (Summer 2010), pp. 104-126.
15. Oded Lowenheim and Gadi Heimann, "Revenge in International Relations", Security Studies, Vol. 17, No. 4 (Winter 2008), pp. 1-40.
16. Gadi Heimann and Oded Lowenheim, "Revenge and the Israeli Campaign in the Second Lebanese War", Politika, Vol. 17, (Winter 2008), pp. 97-110 (In Hebrew).
Chapters in Collective Volumes:
17. Gadi Heimann, "Israel, France and the Jerusalem Question", in Gadi Heimann (ed.), New Perspectives on the History of International Relations (Jerusalem: Leonard Davis Institute, 2013) (in Hebrew), pp. 34-49.
18. Gadi Heimann, "A Hot Summer: France, Israel and the Middle East Crisis in 1958", in Christian Nuenlist, Anna Locher, Garret Martin (eds.), Globalizing De Gaulle: International Perspectives on De Gaulle's Foreign Policies, (Rowman and Littlefield, 2010) in the Harvard Cold War Project book series.